What are the benefits of volunteering for Reach for Recovery?
Apart from a wonderful opportunity to raise awareness of your Reach for Recovery Group and to build up credibility within your community, volunteering also offer the following benefits to you as a person:
- Mahatma Gandhi said, “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Volunteering can help you to learn or develop a new skill which could bring you lots of joy and fulfilment!
- You will join a group of very special people who give back to their community by helping others. The joy of seeing and experiencing the impact of your services will give you a wonderful sense achievement and possibly motivate you to continue your service.
- Volunteers come from all backgrounds and walks of life. You will be meeting new people and be inspired by their own stories and reasons for volunteering. This is also a wonderful opportunity to develop lasting friendships.
- Volunteering will help you to grow as a person, gain new experiences and realise that no task is too small to have an impact on someone or a whole community.
- As a trained volunteer you will become a wonderful ambassador for Reach for Recovery in your community!